REPORTING TO Production Manager
LOCATION San Francisco, 94124 (office). You will work at the closest job site to where you live, SF, Peninsula, etc.
With a growing reputation as San Francisco’s most respected residential contractor, our client-first philosophy has made us the top-rated Bay Area contractor on Yelp, with immaculate work that speaks for itself. Our team is comprised of people who are not only experts, but who also work together all the time. We know each other’s tendencies, complement one another, and anticipate trouble before it happens. It’s a nice way to work. We also collaborate with a consistent collection of exceptional trade contractors to support our core team. These Bay Area companies work with us again and again. A happy worker makes for better work. And better work makes for repeat clients. It’s a simple formula that we trust.
Due to company growth, Aaron Gordon seeks to fill a Site Superintendent position.
This is a salaried position with benefits.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our high-end residential clients are mostly in San Francisco, and we have some projects in other local areas, such as the Peninsula and Marin County.
Site Superintendent responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take ownership, and manage the project in its entirety, from site supervision to project details. The projects are managed from the field, not the office. There are two Production Managers in the office as resources for the field.
- Review contract documents for planning purposes.
- Deliver the project on time and budget.
- Plan project pre-construction, layout and sequence of activities and schedule.
- Manage sub-contractors, vendors/suppliers, architects and change orders.
- Perform related paperwork duties, and daily logs. Project documentation, RFI’s.
- Develop and maintain positive, communicative relationship with the clients throughout the projects.
- Be aware of and inquire about additional client work, and/or referrals.
- Ensure job safety and code compliance at all times.
- Comply with all company policies.
We realize that every interested candidate might not have all of the desired experience, but here is what we are looking for in terms of experience and skills… the more you have, the better!
- Minimum ten years of general construction experience, with a minimum of three years as a superintendent on high end residential projects, with previous hands-on trade experience.
- Solid experience in construction “best practices.”
- Experience managing projects in the $1-5M range.
- Must have strong technical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Project or FastTrack software.
- Strong knowledge of hands-on construction and carpentry skills.
- Physical ability required to lift/handle materials.
AGC is an equal opportunity employer with competitive wages and benefits. If you would like to send us your resumé or get more information about this opening, please fill out our short online application form, and we’ll contact you. You may also email us a resumé and cover letter directly at email@example.com or call (415) 742-4900.